[darcs-devel] [issue1224] darcs attempts to convert repositories that are already on darcs-2 format

Daniel Gorín bugs at darcs.net
Tue Nov 11 21:04:02 UTC 2008

New submission from =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Gor=EDn?= <jcpetruzza at gmail.com>:

Hi

If one tries to convert a repository that is already on darcs-2
forma,t darcs blindly attempts to convert it and ends up with an
inconsistent repository (I can see that there are missing files, at
least).

I believe that in this case darcs should either:

1) report "already a darcs-2 repository" and quit, or
2) simply perform a get instead of a convert

I've experienced this with both versions 2.0.2 and 2.1.0

Thanks
Daniel

nosy: dagit, dmitry.kurochkin, jcpetruzza, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
status: unread
title: darcs attempts to convert repositories that are already on darcs-2 format