[darcs-devel] [issue1244] problem with remote repo

Jason Dagit bugs at darcs.net
Wed Nov 26 07:53:39 UTC 2008

New submission from Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>:

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:47 PM, <trentbuck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:40:21PM -0800, Jason Dagit wrote:
> >> You were right. The problem is fixed changing the path. Thanks.
> > Do you have any advice for us as we make an FAQ entry for this?
>
> This (PATH in ~/.ssh/environment) should definitely go into either the
> wiki or the user manual.  If you make a ticket in the BTS and assign
> it to me, I'll get around to it eventually.

It should also mention that if the user installed darcs using cabal that
there is every higher likelihood of this happening as cabal defaults to
putting binaries in ~/.cabal/bin.  It would also be good to say what the
common symptoms are, "I can login and see darcs but I get funny results when
I push/put."

I'm CC'ing the bug tracker and I'll assign to you Trent.

Thanks,
Jason

files: unnamed
messages: 6752
nosy: dagit, darcs-users, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
status: unread
title: problem with remote repo