[darcs-devel] [issue1136] let's drop resolved-in-stable and resolved-in-unstable

Simon Michael bugs at darcs.net
Thu Oct 9 20:01:18 UTC 2008

New submission from Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>:

Noting my proposal from #darcs for wider discussion. Currently we have 13 issue
statuses. About 7 of those should go I feel, but this proposal is just to drop
the
resolved-in-stable and resolved-in-unstable statuses, and to use the resolved
status
instead. Reasons for:

- they are relative, not absolute, so keep having to be updated manually.
Except right after an update, these fields are always more or less out of date.

- the update process has been semi-automated but requires relearning the
scripts,
checking that nothing went wrong, and some of my time and attention, which will
not
always be available promptly. This feels like labour that would be better spent
on
other things.

- they are overhead that don't justify their existence. I believe we can get by
just
fine with resolved, using the bug dates, known release dates, and comments to
know
where to expect fixes to appear.

- if truly needed, we can add a separate released-in-version: X.XX field. This
is
easy, however let's not do it until the need bites us in practice. YAGNI.

nosy: Serware, dagit, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
priority: wishlist
status: unread
title: let's drop resolved-in-stable and resolved-in-unstable
topic: BugTracker