[darcs-devel] [issue1173] support hard links on Windows

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Oct 26 07:43:11 UTC 2008

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

Note that Simon Marlow had submitted a patch around 2004 that added hard link
support, but it turned out to be a bit overzealous.  The patch in question
modified the code which is used by darcs optimize --relink (I think) and was
overly optimistic about determining if two files really were the same and could
be replaced by a hard link.

On the other hand, there are cases where darcs /knows/ it wants a hardlink, and
if the underlying filesystem supports them -- apparently NTFS does -- we should
have them

nosy: dagit, dmitry.kurochkin, eivuokko, jaredj, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, wglozer
priority: feature
status: unread
title: support hard links on Windows
topic: Windows