[darcs-devel] [issue1177] Folders cause unexpected dependencies...

Ben Coburn bugs at darcs.net
Mon Oct 27 08:25:07 UTC 2008

New submission from Ben Coburn <btcoburn at silicodon.net>:

Recording folder addition/deletion explicitly causes unexpected and unnecessary
dependencies. I think it would help a lot to have an options to:
- NEVER record folder creation (file creation already caries this information)
- AUTO-CREATE folders as needed when changing files in the working directory
- DELETE folders when they become empty (i.e. by obliterating the patch that
auto-created the folder)

While I can imagine ways to work around these dependencies, I should not have to
fight with darcs on this! I've attached a script demonstrating this kind of
unnecessary dependency.

files: folder_dependency_example.bash
messages: 6477
nosy: btcoburn, dagit, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
priority: wishlist
status: unread
title: Folders cause unexpected dependencies...