[darcs-devel] [issue1182] sshfs: darcs get: _darcs/hashed_inventory-0: renameFile: permission denied (Operation not permitted)

Trent Buck bugs at darcs.net
Wed Oct 29 01:31:15 UTC 2008

New submission from Trent Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

This may relate to issue904.

I have a server running on embedded MIPS hardware[0].  It is
non-trivial for me to get a statically-linked darcs binary for this
architecture, particularly since the OS is using µclibc rather than
GNU libc.

Therefore, I have installed an sftp server and used sshfs to mount the
remote filesystem on my Debian laptop.  I then tried using "darcs get"
to copy a repository to the remote system.  Here is the transcript:

    $ sshfs -o idmap=user ymir.twb.ath.cx:/srv/www /tmp/www
    $ darcs get --repodir /tmp/www/Preferences ~/Preferences
    darcs: _darcs/hashed_inventory-0: renameFile: permission denied (Operation not permitted)

Data gathering:

    $ darcs --version
    2.1.0 (release)
    $ sshfs --version
    SSHFS version 2.1
    FUSE library version: 2.7.4
    fusermount version: 2.7.4
    using FUSE kernel interface version 7.8
    $ ssh ymir.twb.ath.cx uname -a
    Linux Ymir 2.4.34 #13 Thu Jul 26 17:55:20 CEST 2007 mips unknown
    $ ssh ymir.twb.ath.cx "ipkg list_installed | grep sftp"
    openssh-sftp-server - 4.5p1-1 -
    $

[0] an Asus WL-500gP running http://openwrt.org/ Kamkikaze 7.07.

nosy: dagit, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
status: unread
title: sshfs: darcs get: _darcs/hashed_inventory-0: renameFile: permission denied (Operation not permitted)