[darcs-devel] [issue1186] VISUAL=true darcs send --edit-description behaviour

Trent Buck bugs at darcs.net
Thu Oct 30 01:27:16 UTC 2008

New submission from Trent Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

Christian Kellermann wrote:

> PS: I just found out that when you do a darcs send --edit and quit
> vim (in my case) with :q! the sending is not aborted...

I've seen this bite a few people on the list lately, resulting in
accidental (and potentially embarrassing) sends.

Should darcs send with an explicit --edit abort if the description is
not edited (i.e. its checksum hasn't changed after $VISUAL exits)?

Is there some other way we can address this workflow/usability issue?

nosy: dagit, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
status: unread
title: VISUAL=true darcs send --edit-description behaviour