[darcs-devel] [issue1072] warnings for common errors in ~/.darcs/defaults

Simon Marlow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Sep 12 13:46:22 UTC 2008

New submission from Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com>:

For a while I've had the following in my ~/.darcs/defaults:

push --no-set-default --ssh-cm

hoping that it would turn on --ssh-cm.  In fact, it sets the
"no-set-default" flag to the value "--ssh-cm".  What I really wanted was

push no-set-default
push ssh-cm

Unfortunately I got no warnings from darcs, and it appeared to be working,
except that I wasn't getting the effect of --ssh-cm, which I only just
discovered by using 'darcs push --debug'.  I think it would be nice to get
a helpful warning for people like me who can't be bothered to read the docs :)

Cheers,
	Simon

nosy: dagit, kowey, marlowsd
status: unread
title: warnings for common errors in ~/.darcs/defaults