[darcs-devel] [issue1088] issue search form is slow when logged in

Simon Michael bugs at darcs.net
Sat Sep 20 05:24:04 UTC 2008

New submission from Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>:

Jason and I noticed that the detailed bug search form,
http://bugs.darcs.net/issue?@template=search , was very slow (half a minute) for
logged-in users. This is due to the Creator/Actor/Assigned to fields with their
user select lists. I don't fully understand the caching story, but it seems
these queries can take a number of seconds when postgres is cold, even though
the appropriate speedup indexes seem to be in place. I believe because we are
running roundup in cgi mode it does not benefit from postgres caching; with the
persistent server these queries should be instant.

As a temporary workaround, I replaced the select lists with text fields. If you
want to use these, type in a username, which you can find in the User List in
the sidebar.

nosy: Serware, dagit, kowey, simon
priority: bug
status: resolved
title: issue search form is slow when logged in
topic: BugTracker