[darcs-devel] [issue1422] darcs revert of deleted file should prompt for rmfile before hunk?

Trent Buck bugs at darcs.net
Wed Apr 8 07:12:42 UTC 2009

New submission from Trent Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

The following behaviour has always confused me.  It sounds like it has
"skipped" reverting the rm step, i.e. it will add lines to a file that
does not exist!

    $ rm x
    $ darcs rev x
    Reverting changes in "x"..

    hunk ./x 1
    -line1
    -line2
    -line3
    Shall I revert this change? (1/2)  [ynWsfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
    Skipped revert of 1 patch.
    Do you really want to revert these changes? y
    Finished reverting.

Why doesn't it ask about the rmfile first?  That is,

    $ rm x
    $ darcs rev x
    Reverting changes in "x"...

    rmfile ./x
    Shall I revert this change? (1/2)  [ynWsfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
    hunk ./x 1
    -line1
    -line2
    -line3
    Shall I revert this change? (2/2)  [ynWsfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
    Do you really want to revert these changes? y
    Finished reverting.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
status: unread
title: darcs revert of deleted file should prompt for rmfile before hunk?