[darcs-devel] [issue1423] darcs add with no arguments should give feedback

Neil Mitchell bugs at darcs.net
Wed Apr 8 16:07:15 UTC 2009

New submission from Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com>:

If the darcs add command is invoked without any arguments, it gives no feedback:

$ darcs add
$

In most cases the user probably intended "darcs add *" or a particular
file, which they forgot. Darcs should warn when no files are given.

Gwern says: Sounds good to me. darcs add --help does say 'Usage: darcs
add [OPTION]... <FILE or DIRECTORY> ...', which seems to me to say
that a file or directory is mandatory.

And in git:

$ git add
Nothing specified, nothing added.
Maybe you wanted to say 'git add .'?

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, ndmitchell, simon, thorkilnaur
status: unread
title: darcs add with no arguments should give feedback