[darcs-devel] [issue987] fetching patches is way too slow

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Apr 22 14:28:52 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 17:59:47 +0400, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> I believe the way to improve our get over http performance are patch bundles.
>
> IIRC someone was working on this and there was a darcs branch for it.
> What is the status? I am interested in looking (and working) on it.

Nicolas and Florent were last looking at this.
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/PacksSpecification

Now that we have this hashed-storage work, there is also a question of
how we can make the two fit together.

Also, if I understand correctly, Nicolas has some newer, better ideas
on how to go about this.

Nicolas, could I ask you to comment?

nosy: +ertai, galbolle