[darcs-devel] [issue1453] Inconsistent state

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Apr 29 16:46:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 16:00:19 -0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Noooooo!  Two "your repo is in an inconsitent state" in one day. See
> below.  This is Darcs 2.2.0 on Windows, and a very small repo (a paper
> I'm writing).

Sorry darcs is causing you so much grief, Simon.

Short answer
------------
Please use darcs get --hashed to fetch this repository.
I can confirm that getting without the hashed option breaks on Mac and
that getting it with hashed works.

Long answer
This error is caused by having a file called 'stackTransitions.pdf' and
'StackTransitions.pdf' in the same repository.

Thankfully, this issue has been resolved since the early days of darcs 2
if not during the darcs 2 release itself.  The solution was the use of
these "hashed" repositories.

More on this in a later message.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9