[darcs-devel] [issue1470] Allow to amend-record patch by removing some hunks

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Aug 6 15:06:46 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 17:43:56 +0300, Dmitry Astapov wrote:
> It seems to me that in the original scenario (when there are 500 recorded
> hunks and 500 still unrecorded hunks) selective manual reverse of several
> hunks followed by amend-record is better workaround: no need to wade through
> 1000 hunks once again.
>
> Or am I missing something?

I was initially thinking that rollback would give you desired
amend-record --remove UI with its interactive primitive patch selector

But what I failed to consider was that it was also have the undesirable
effect of dumping inverse hunks into your working dir, which means not
being able to record them in the future (unless you made a point of
saving them, which brings you back to the selective manual reverse
square 1, albeit with less wading).

Actually, the requested flag (which we could name amend-record
--rollback to echo the rollback command) sounds fairly easy to
implement.