[darcs-devel] [issue1521] patch bundle hash check not done early enough to detect corruption

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 14 11:53:24 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

Observation by Petr in issue1382, msg7413.

This requires a volunteer to study the code and figure out (1) where we think
we're performing the check and (2) whether it can be done earlier.

A good sanity check to begin with would be to take a patch bundle which we think
is corrupt and actually compare the hash to make sure.  If we do get a failure,
then we are more sure that this bug is legit

files: possibly-corrupt.dpatch.gz
messages: 8136
nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, mornfall, simon, thorkilnaur
priority: bug
status: need-action
title: patch bundle hash check not done early enough to detect corruption