[darcs-devel] [issue1530] interactive author selection dialogue

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Mon Aug 17 15:33:25 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

I'm getting sick of darcs using the wrong author because I set my DARCS_EMAIL.
I would like to have a file like .darcs/authors with one entry per line.
mail.com>

If I record a patch in a repo that does not have _darcs/prefs/author set,
instead of asking me what my email address is, I would like darcs to ask me to
make a multiple-choice selection, e.g.

 1. Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
 2. Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
 3. Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
 4. other...

Making Dan nosy on this because I think he wants something similar

nosy: dan, dmitry.kurochkin, jaredj, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
priority: wishlist
status: need-implementation
title: interactive author selection dialogue
topic: ProbablyEasy, UI