[darcs-devel] [issue1538] task: comparative benchmarking with other DVCSes

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Tue Aug 18 15:53:26 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

See http://www.editgrid.com/user/jaalto/vc-test for a spreadsheet comparing
git/hg/bzr

Note in particular the script:
  http://www.editgrid.com/user/jaalto/vc-test

The above is an artificial test basically doing a giant record on the Linux
kernel source (they admit that this is rather artificial, but it's a start), and
also a get.

We'd probably choke on the first test given issue80, but we should at least have
the infrastructure in place.  We'll get there one day!

See also Ian's http://projects.haskell.org/camp/benchmarking/get.shtml

messages: 8255
nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, igloo, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, zooko
priority: feature
status: need-implementation
title: task: comparative benchmarking with other DVCSes
topic: Performance