[darcs-devel] [issue1555] DARCS_REPO_DIR environment variable for predist

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 23 14:03:47 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

The predist command can be used to manipulate the predist directory before
tarring up its contents (for example, we can touch a file)

The only problem is that you can't run darcs commands within predist because
predist operates in a copy of the pristine tree and not in the darcs directory.

In msg682 (issue180), Tommy suggested that we pass an environment variable
telling the predist script where the current directory lives

messages: 8406
nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, jaredj, kowey, markstos, simon, thorkilnaur, tommy
priority: feature
status: need-implementation
title: DARCS_REPO_DIR environment variable for predist
topic: ProbablyEasy