[darcs-devel] [issue1557] option lists overhaul: --foo={yes, no} instead of --{no-}foo

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 23 18:16:22 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

This proposal is a generalisation of issue1431, which is to change a lot of our
options from the current --foo/--dont-foo or --foo/--no-foo to
--foo=yes/--foo=no (with either yes or no as possible defaults).

This would allow for such options to take more than two possible values and
could also condense our help output a bit.

I'm marking this as Provisional because I'm not sure it's actually a good idea
and may break a lot of tools that use darcs.

messages: 8418
nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
priority: feature
status: need-implementation
title: option lists overhaul: --foo={yes,no} instead of --{no-}foo
topic: Provisional