[darcs-devel] [issue1172] temporary file created in silly place

Trent W. Buck bugs at darcs.net
Mon Aug 24 02:06:55 UTC 2009

Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> added the comment:

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 07:46:08PM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> It could be nice to fix this trying first to create it in the same
> place as the real file and backing off if we can't.  I don't know if
> this will be difficult to do or not though.  Have a look at
> Darcs.Lock

While the implementor is at it, I'd also like

    darcs24735-new_87c87c6d663850ba77e6e5e50b716c8e
    darcs-temp-mail-0.~1~
    darcs-record-0.~1~

to end up in either ${TMPDIR:-/tmp} or (if you're concerned about
"performance") in _darcs/.  Currently they're in my working directory,
the top of the working tree, and I periodically have to go through and
delete them.