[darcs-devel] [issue1571] add patch-tracking features to roundup

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Aug 26 14:09:13 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

Splitting this off from msg6056.

The goal is to have a page that we could visit that will give us an overview of
the outstanding patch bundles to review and their status.

Roundup is one tool that we can use for it.  I don't think it should be used for
tracking discussion, but it is pretty good for tracking state.  An advantage to
using roundup is patches and issues can then point to each other seamlessly.

As Simon suggested, we could add a patch type, so that we could refer to patch1,
patch2.

It's easy to get roundup to forward patches to darcs-users without making
darcs-users nosy.

In the future, we could also extend the issue type to multi-link to patches or
perhaps the other way around.

To comment on Simon's KISS suggestion, I would oppose using the current issue
type to track patches.  I may be wrong but I feel that it would be a lot cleaner
to keep the two separate.

messages: 8511
nosy: Serware, darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
priority: feature
status: waiting-for
title: add patch-tracking features to roundup
topic: BugTracker, Devel