[darcs-devel] [issue1574] HTML documentation URLs are unstable

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Aug 27 15:14:33 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

We sometimes have a habit of pointing people to pieces of the user
documentation, say
http://www.darcs.net/manual/node7.html#SECTION00771000000000000000

The problem is that if the documentation changes, 'node7.html' takes on a
different meaning.

It would be nice if this were more stable somehow, if latex2html or whatever
tool we later decide to build the documentation could somehow be persuaded to
use something that's a little more stable like the section title in its URLs.

Marking waiting-for as I assume this will be subsumed by the RST-isation work.

nosy: darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, twb
priority: bug
status: waiting-for
title: HTML documentation URLs are unstable
topic: Documentation