[darcs-devel] [issue1575] accept URL format for ssh repos (eg sftp://droundy at darcs.net:10022/foo/bar)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Aug 27 15:37:28 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

Splitting this off from issue504, msg1979

The reason for this would be to provide a way to describe an SSH repository on a
non-standard port.

I'm adding Matthew to this because I figure the Patch-Tag folks would be
interested.  Dennis last volunteered to work on this in 2007 but after two
years, I think it's up for grabs :-)

Note: if it did something like this we might be able to think about simplifying
the filepath handling code since we wouldn't have to guess if we have a remote
path or not.  But a such a simplification should be treated with care because we
don't want to do it in a way that confuses some core (repo-level and down) of
Darcs.  Anyway, that's for a different ticket.

messages: 8538
nosy: darcs-devel, dlambe, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, mae
priority: feature
status: need-implementation
title: accept URL format for ssh repos (eg sftp://droundy@darcs.net:10022/foo/bar)
topic: SSH