[darcs-devel] [issue1576] use SSH URL to distinguish between ssh implementations

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Aug 27 15:42:22 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

Splitting from issue504, msg1976 (see issue for more discussion)

The idea is that putty://droundy@darcs.net:10222/foo/bar would tell us that
we've got to run PuTTY.  This may very well wind up being a wont-fix (in
msg1980, David observed that we could use the DARCS_GET_SSH environment variable).

Potential reasons to implement it might be (a) built-in PuTTY support to cover
the usual case and (b) darcs-transfer mode

I guess we can't work on this until issue1575 is taken care of.

messages: 8539
nosy: darcs-devel, dlambe, dmitry.kurochkin, eivuokko, jaredj, kirby, kowey, wglozer
status: waiting-for
superseder: accept URL format for ssh repos (eg sftp://droundy@darcs.net:10022/foo/bar)
title: use SSH URL to distinguish between ssh implementations
topic: SSH, Windows