[darcs-devel] [issue1580] use buildbot-specific GHC package database on build slaves

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 28 09:29:26 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

I want the build slaves to be able to use 'cabal install' so that we don't have
to do any manual maintenance whenever a dependency changes.

One potential issue is that folks may object to having us install packages on
their behalf.

Isaac pointed out that you can point GHC to any package db you want, and I
noticed that cabal-install has a --package-db flag

Feel free to wont-fix this and say "well, we now require a buildbot user, so
problem solved"

messages: 8561
nosy: darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, isaacdupree, kowey
priority: feature
status: need-implementation
title: use buildbot-specific GHC package database on build slaves
topic: Devel