[darcs-devel] [issue1562] type witness failures on GHC 6.8.2

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 28 10:47:29 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Reinier pointed out that this issue is well-known.

The question is if it's easy to fix.  It's research time, I think, time to ask
Haskell gurus what to do about it.

An alternative solution would be just to give up and wont-fix.  When we finally
solve issue1288, just require GHC 6.10.  This may make life difficult for Debian
folks, but I think if we do it after we've already done a hashed-storage release
we can just say "sorry, use Darcs 2.4".  I suspect this the route we'll end up
taking.

nosy: +dagit, ganesh