[darcs-devel] [issue904] record fails on sshfs (sshfs has no atomic_create)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 28 11:06:18 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Hi Juliusz,

Any chance you could have a second look at this ticket?

All I understand about this thread is that Nathaniel (nwf) submitted a patch
which you disapproved of pending some confirmation from sshfs developers.

And that this reply from Miklos Szeredi <miklos at szeredi.hu> on the sshfs list
makes me think we have that confirmation:

>It has been true for a while now (since about 2006).  The requrements
>for atomic create+open are:

>  linux kernel >= 2.6.15
>  libfuse >= 2.5
>  sshfs >= 1.3

>> Such confirmation is necessary before Darcs developers will remove a
>> paranoia setting that prevents Darcs from working over sshfs:

Thanks!

assignedto:  -> jch
topic:  -Darcs2Semantics