[darcs-devel] [issue1582] DeleteFile: permission denied (Access is denied.)

Simon Marlow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 28 14:38:09 UTC 2009

New submission from Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>:

On Windows:

$ darcs show repo
Reading inventory of repository d:/builds/ghc-testing-OLD
          Type: darcs
        Format: darcs-1.0
          Root: d:/builds/ghc-testing-OLD
      Pristine: PlainPristine "_darcs/pristine"
         Cache: thisrepo:d:/builds/ghc-testing-OLD, cache:C:\Documents and
Settings\simonmar\Application Data\darcs\cache
boringfile Pref: .darcs-boring
Default Remote: x:/ghc-HEAD
   Num Patches: 20966
$ darcs w
darcs.exe: DeleteFile: permission denied (Access is denied.)
$ darcs --version
2.3.0 (release)

--debug and --debug-verbose don't reveal anything.  I don't know of a way to
tell which file it's trying to delete - I tried StraceNt but that doesn't show
the string being passed to DeleteFile.

messages: 8570
nosy: darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simonmar
status: unknown
title: DeleteFile: permission denied (Access is denied.)