[darcs-devel] [issue1578] mark-conflicts command gives empty prompt since darcs 2.2

Judah Jacobson bugs at darcs.net
Sat Aug 29 04:47:17 UTC 2009

Judah Jacobson <judah.jacobson at gmail.com> added the comment:

Thanks for the detailed description.  If bash is echoing the input, it's probably
because the terminal's echoing is set to on.  For bash and haskeline to work
properly, emacs shell needs to report that echoing is off (which it does by default).

So for a quick fix, when you notice bash acting funny you should run:
stty -echo

Simon, you can also use the stty program to see what the echoing status is.  Can you
figure out what program is leaving it on?  (If it's darcs, that should be solvable.
If not, the above workaround may be the best we can do.)

I can reproduce the described behavior after running "stty echo" in emacs shell; I'll
try to look into why Haskeline is dropping the prompt in this edge case.