[darcs-devel] [issue1156] darcs apply says pgp/gpg signed bundles are corrupt

Trent W. Buck bugs at darcs.net
Sat Aug 29 06:46:29 UTC 2009

Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> added the comment:

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 06:30:23PM +0000, Jason Dagit wrote:
> If you don't have gpg installed and you try to apply a gpg signed
> patch bundle darcs will [in]correctly tell you that the hash on the
> patch bundle is wrong.  Actually, the problem is that you need to
> decrypt the bundle with gpg/pgp to restore it to the original state.

I cannot reproduce this problem with Darcs 2.3.  A transcript follows.

    $ with-temp-dir
    with-temp-dir: entering directory `/tmp/with-temp-dir.SJqEIG'
    This directory will be deleted when you exit.
    $ map darcs init --repo -- R S
    $ date >R/f
    $ darcs rec --repo R -lam p f --author twb at cyber.com.au
    Recording changes in "f":

    Finished recording patch 'p'
    $ date >R/f
    $ darcs rec --repo R -lam q f --author twb at cyber.com.au
    Recording changes in "f":

    Finished recording patch 'q'
    $ darcs send --repo R S --sign --dont-edit -aobundle
    You need a passphrase [...]
    Wrote patch to /tmp/with-temp-dir.SJqEIG/bundle.
    $ fgrep -- '- -' bundle         # Does it have the escape?
    - -Sat Aug 29 16:25:37 EST 2009
    $ sudo dpkg --purge --force-all gnupg
    [...]
    $ gpg --help                    # Is gpg gone?
    bash: gpg: command not found
    $ darcs apply --repo R bundle   # So, do we get an error now?
    All these patches have already been applied.  Nothing to do.
    $ darcs apply --repo S bundle
    Finished applying...
    $

nosy: +twb