[darcs-devel] [issue1590] applying patch to wrong context looks through entire history

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Mon Aug 31 09:32:32 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

The attached script illustrates the problem (it may need some refining for clarity).

This happens in cases where somebody tries to apply a patch without having
pulled from the repo sent from.  The fact that the missing patch is a tag is
important, I think because that's where the bundle gets cut off -- we don't have
a frame of reference that we can use to stop searching through the history.

OK, at first I thought there wasn't much of a solution and that we maybe needed
issue1505 (hashed context files) to fix this, but now I think there may be an
answer: how about doing the equivalent of a darcs show tags first?

priority:  -> bug
status: unknown -> need-implementation