[darcs-devel] [issue1718] impossible to pull/get a repository based at / using ssh

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Dec 15 12:42:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 13:33:36 +0100, Pasqualino Titto Assini wrote:
> testing the bug is easy and does not require a remote server as one
> can ssh to his own local machine.

Right you are, but it's still not completely easy as it requires that
the user is running ssh on his local machine that it's configured to let
the user log in without some kind of intervention (password, key).

> However, is it acceptable to have a test that creates (temporarily) a
> darcs repo in the tester's machine root directory?

Whoops, no I don't think that's acceptable; I guess I was implicitly
hoping there would be a way to do without (for example, check for one
error message [not a repo] vs another [no path found: ./]

Perhaps we have to go the unit testing route after all (of course,
you could also argue that we ought to have unit tests *anyway*)...

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9