[darcs-devel] [issue1721] Misleading "incomplete" progress messages.

Trent W. Buck bugs at darcs.net
Thu Dec 24 03:49:58 UTC 2009

New submission from Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

Currently it is possible for a Darcs command to finish with screen
output like this.  Similar output exists for the number of
hashes/patches, but I don't have an example handy.

    $ darcs put [...]
    Defining environment variables 2/3 : DARCS_PATCHES_XML
    Finished applying...
    Put successful.

Several users have asked me "why did it stop at two out of three?  Did
something go wrong?"  This is a source of worry and confusion for new
users.  Either Darcs should ensure the last message (100% done) is
printed, or it should clear progress output when the operation is
finished.

nosy: darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, twb
status: unknown
title: Misleading "incomplete" progress messages.