[darcs-devel] [issue1348] DeleteFile: permission denied (darcs check on windows)

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Thu Feb 5 20:14:23 UTC 2009

New submission from Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net>:

This finally made the Windows buildslave get its act together. It now builds
darcs and runs tests. A bunch fails, with following error:

darcs.exe: DeleteFile: permission denied (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)

Vast majority of these is in check (and maybe repair), plus at least one in
optimize --compress. I suppose all of these are because it's trying to delete a
file that it didn't close, which fails on windows (I wish I knew why...).

Moreover, there seems to be a bug in ShellHarness, since only a subset of
failed tests is printed near the end. I guess that should be filed separately,
or fixed right away (I haven't looked yet why that could be though).

Yours,
   Petr.

nosy: darcs-users, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, mornfall, simon, thorkilnaur
status: unread
title: DeleteFile: permission denied (darcs check on windows)