[darcs-devel] [issue1303] proposal: make "darcs changes" interactive by default

Ben Coburn bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jan 7 02:49:34 UTC 2009

Ben Coburn <btcoburn at silicodon.net> added the comment:

IMHO, that is not a good idea (put it in your ~/.darcs/defaults if you
want, "-i" is short and convenient even if you don't).

I regularly do things like "darcs changes -p<spontaneous_branch>" to
see what I'm working on before collapsing it into a single feature
patch. Would you have everyone who was selecting a *subset* of changes
add "--all" to their options list? That would be much more confusing....

P.S. Thanks for the question. I never realized "darcs changes -i" was
interesting, in that it is a quick way to view the raw patches as
darcs sees them (albeit with a little coloring). I no longer have to
use "darcs send -o tmp.dpatch <somewhere>" just to see the raw
patches. :-)

Regards, Ben Coburn

nosy: +btcoburn