[darcs-devel] [issue1309] roundup: don't set 'nosy' on *every* email

Trent Buck bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jan 11 11:22:07 UTC 2009

New submission from Trent Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

>From the property journal of issue1284:

  2009-01-06 00:29:32 twb set nosy: kowey, simon, twb, thorkilnaur, dmitry.kurochkin
                              messages: + msg6995
  2009-01-11 10:40:11 twb set assignedto: twb ->
                              nosy: kowey, simon, twb, thorkilnaur, dmitry.kurochkin
  2009-01-11 10:51:50 twb set topic: + ProbablyEasy
                              nosy: + jaredj
  2009-01-11 11:17:24 twb set nosy: kowey, simon, twb, thorkilnaur, jaredj, dmitry.kurochkin
                              messages: + msg7034

These properties were changed by simple bodyless messages like
"[assignedto=]".  *I'm* not setting nosy, and repeatedly setting nosy
to the same thing bloats out the property journal and makes it hard to
read.

I guess what's happening is that someone added a hook to set nosy when
a ticket is changed by email, to make sure that when a ticket is first
created, the core team are in the nosy list.  But I guess it's
accidentally being called EVERY time an issue is changed via email.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
status: unread
title: roundup: don't set 'nosy' on *every* email