[darcs-devel] [issue1316] amend-record and patches pending

Nathan Gray bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jan 15 15:11:39 UTC 2009

New submission from Nathan Gray <kolibrie at graystudios.org>:

I have tried the following with both --old-fashioned-inventory and
--darcs-2, and both list files in _darcs/patches/pending that darcs
thinks should be added, when in fact, I just deleted them and removed
them from the only patch that knew about them.

darcs init --darcs-2
mkdir a
mkdir b
touch a/1
touch a/2
touch b/3
touch b/4
darcs add -r a
darcs add -r b
darcs record -m 'initial' --all --author testing
cat _darcs/patches/pending
rm -rf b
echo y | darcs amend-record -m 'initial' --all
cat _darcs/patches/pending
echo 'why are this directory and its files listed in pending?'

I was using darcs 2.2.pre2.  I have not checked the current release
candidate.

I came across this because I accidentally added a directory that I did
not want to track in a repository.  I immediately amend-recorded the
patch, and was amazed to see that 'darcs whatsnew -s' said that I had
added the directory and files that I had just deleted.

-kolibrie

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kolibrie, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
status: unread
title: amend-record and patches pending