[darcs-devel] [issue1318] Darcs get (full) fails when getting from partial repository

Karel Gardas bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jan 16 09:41:14 UTC 2009

New submission from Karel Gardas <karel.gardas at centrum.cz>:

Hello,

when I try to get the sources from the partial darcs repository, darcs
get fails with this not so user friendly message:

karel at silence:/tmp$ darcs get /export/home/karel/vcs/lambdavm/ ttt
darcs:
/export/home/karel/vcs/lambdavm/_darcs/patches/20061021035829-6295e-23f0c4f64186e2509d70dfd94848be3176f5f0fc.gz:
copyFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
karel at silence:/tmp$

I think darcs should somehow detect that it tries to perform get from
partial repository and then warn user with clear message like:

"You attempt to perform get from the partial repository which is not
possible. If you still like to get the sources, try to use get --partial
to get partial repository"

or something like that.

Thanks!
Karel

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, karel.gardas, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
status: unread
title: Darcs get (full) fails when getting from partial repository