[darcs-devel] [issue1326] darcs *always* uses .darcs/cache

Trent Buck bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jan 21 05:30:20 UTC 2009

New submission from Trent Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

A while back I argued that if the user had no ~/.darcs/sources, a
default one should be written for them, and Darcs should use
~/.darcs/cache.  This would mean that newbies get the benefit of a
cache.

Because I keep ~/.darcs under version control, and because my scripts
automatically prune unused files from ~/.cache/, I have set up the
following:

    mkdir ~/.cache/darcs
    echo cache:$HOME/.cache/darcs >~/.darcs/sources

However I find that Darcs is still using ~/.darcs/cache instead of (or
perhaps as well as) ~/.cache/darcs.  I don't want this; darcs should
only use ~/.darcs/cache if it has not been explicitly told to use
something else.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
status: unread
title: darcs *always* uses .darcs/cache