[darcs-devel] [issue1335] darcs apply giving "Malformed patch bundle"

Simon Michael bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jan 29 03:58:22 UTC 2009

New submission from Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>:

I received a patch, made with darcs 2.x against a darcs 2 repo, which I can't
apply. http://paste.lisp.org/display/74454/raw shows the patch.

The error message is "darcs failed:  Malformed patch bundle:
'[rating_plone3_1_7.patch' is not 'Context:'".

darcs was able to apply the patch when I removed the third and subsequent lines
within the brackets after New patches: (and therefore removed the patch hash at
the end). Ie the edited patch looked like::

 New patches:

 [rating_plone3_1_7.patch
 Juan M. Méndez <vejeta at gmail.com>**20090128164524
 ] hunk ./plugins/rating/rating.py 96
 etc.

I don't know if this is related to issue661, issue1255 etc.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
priority: bug
status: unread
title: darcs apply giving "Malformed patch bundle"