[darcs-devel] [issue1380] darcs diff tries to read a file it shouldn't, fails when does not exist

Norman Ramsey bugs at darcs.net
Fri Mar 6 04:20:00 UTC 2009

New submission from Norman Ramsey <nr at cs.tufts.edu>:

darcs diff is looking for more files than it ought:

: nr at yorkie 5596 ; darcs diff --from-patch='ghctags compile again' GhcTags.hs
darcs: ./compiler/nativeGen/SPARC/CodeGen/Gen32.hs: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)

You can reproduce this with the current HEAD of GHC, in directory
utils/ghctags.

I suspect it may be opening every file mentioned in every patch.
It should obviously not fall over if a file is mentioned in a patch
but no longer exists.

Also to the point, since I've asked for one particular file
on the command line, there's no reason darcs should ask for
anything  not identical to that file (or related to it by darcs mv).

Norman

P.S. dunno if 678 is related---couldn't find much useful with a search.

nosy: dias, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, nr1, simon, thorkilnaur
status: unread
title: darcs diff tries to read a file it shouldn't, fails when does not exist