[darcs-devel] [issue1382] darcs: bug in get_extra commuting patches

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Sat Mar 7 08:52:38 UTC 2009

New submission from Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net>:

Trying to apply a patch bundle:

First patch is:
Wed Jan  7 15:19:47 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Skeleton mpiThread that will eventually provide the remote/local interface.
Second patch is:
Wed Feb  4 14:44:48 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Semi-large internals refactor for code clarity. No functional change.

To reproduce:
darcs get http://divine.fi.muni.cz/darcs/branch-2.0
wget http://web.mornfall.net/stuff/use-data_storable-in-the-ffi-interface-and-
benchmarkhs_.dpatch

darcs apply the dpatch.

I really don't understand why it's trying to commute the patches, since they
appear in same order in both the original repository and in the patch bundle.

Probably a genuine bug in get_extra (and not in commutation). The latter patch
depends on the former, anyway, so the commutation *should not* succeed,
actually. Why it is trying that is beyond me (see above -- the patches appear
in same order in both contexts).

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, mornfall, simon, thorkilnaur
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: darcs: bug in get_extra commuting patches