[darcs-devel] [issue1385] darcs reports a network failure as a weird compatibility issue

Zooko bugs at darcs.net
Mon Mar 9 20:51:22 UTC 2009

New submission from Zooko <zooko at zooko.com>:

Brian was disturbed when a routine, automatically-scripted invocation
of darcs stopped with

darcs failed:  Not a repository:
source at allmydata.org:darcs/tahoe/trunk ((scp) failed to fetch:
source at allmydata.org:darcs/tahoe/trunk/_darcs/inventory

(We don't use darcs-1-format repositories which have an "inventory"
file.)

After calling me for help and investigating a bit, we tried again and
this time it worked.  Our best guess is that a transient network
failure is responsible.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, zooko
status: unread
title: darcs reports a network failure as a weird compatibility issue