[darcs-devel] [issue1399] darcs: Cannot apply, we're missing patches (that we have, though)

Lennart Kolmodin bugs at darcs.net
Fri Mar 20 23:31:36 UTC 2009

New submission from Lennart Kolmodin <kolmodin at gentoo.org>:

I'm trying to apply a patch to my repo, darcs says I'm missing a patch.
darcs changes --patch <name> show's I do indeed already have the "missing" patch.

Patch created and trying to apply with
$ darcs -v
2.2.1 (release)

Trying to apply:
$ darcs apply A\ forwarded\ darcs\ patch.eml
darcs: Cannot apply this patch bundle, since we're missing:
Sun Feb 11 10:29:59 CET 2007
Lennart Kolmodin <kolmodin at dtek.chalmers.se>
  * Add darcs-monitor

Shouldn't I have that patch already? Indeed I do.
$ darcs changes --patch "Add darcs-monitor"
Sun Feb 11 10:29:59 CET 2007  Lennart Kolmodin <kolmodin at dtek.chalmers.se>
  * Add darcs-monitor

Missing any patches from the repo?
$ darcs pull
Pulling from "code.haskell.org:/srv/code/gentoo/gentoo-haskell"...
gentoo-haskell MOTD
No remote changes to pull in!

Broken repo?
$ darcs repair
The repository is already consistent, no changes made.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kolmodin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
status: unread
title: darcs: Cannot apply, we're missing patches (that we have, though)