[darcs-devel] [issue1452] pull => renameFile: permission denied (2.2.1)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Nov 5 15:17:47 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Thanks, Simon.  I've just chatted with Petr about this on IRC and we've come to
the conclusion that we should stop trying to track down these renameFile or
deleteFile problems that keep creeping up.

Instead of playing the perpetual whack-a-mole game, we'd like to solve the
problem once and for all by working out how to use to POSIX-style deletion
semantics on Windows.  I've created issue1675 on the tracker for this.  I think
we're basically going to have to fix that one first and that come back to this
to make sure it's gone on your end too.  Sorry for all the trouble!

assignedto: simonpj ->
nosy: +mornfall
superseder: +grief from not using posix-style deletion semantics on Windows
title: pull => renameFile: permission denied (2.2.1) {retire 2010-09-01} -> pull => renameFile: permission denied (2.2.1)