[darcs-devel] [issue1675] grief from not using posix-style deletion semantics on Windows

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 08:47:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Eric Kow <bugs at darcs.net> wrote:
> As I understand it, the current plan on darcs-users is to fiddle with the way we
> open files so that get POSIX-style deletion semantics.

Alas, this is not enough... even if we say to Windows "you should
really allow us to delete the file while it's opened", it won't still
let us delete the directory where the file has been delete, until it
is closed.

I fear that our "move the file somewhere else, then delete it" (not
very clean, but it works) will be the final solution.

Salvatore