[darcs-devel] [issue1677] pristine problems with darcs 2.3

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Mon Nov 9 17:20:46 UTC 2009

Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net> added the comment:

Doesn't seem to be very disturbing. This is just another wart on the current
pristine format, in that all files are compressed, *but* the empty ones are
not. It should be easy to work around, and it should also be safe to remove the
file from pristine and then run repair, which would probably remove that bad
file (new darcs versions create empty files as 0000000000-
da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 -- and the former contains valid gzip
header and an empty compressed file -- the latter is truly empty and disturbs
pristine reading that hashed-storage does).

It won't be very easy to write a testcase for this though, since current darcs
shouldn't produce these files in pristine anymore (or so I'd hope). Anyway, I
have manually produced a repository that exhibits this issue, let me attach it.

priority: urgent -> bug