[darcs-devel] [issue1695] No commands to set repo-specific preferences like "_darcs/prefs/email"

Jonathan Daugherty bugs at darcs.net
Sun Nov 15 23:12:47 UTC 2009

New submission from Jonathan Daugherty <drcygnus at gmail.com>:

There are commands to set preferences which "travel with the repo,"
such as test, predist, and boringfile.  Some prefs, such as "email",
cannot be set with the darcs command-line interface.  Since I think
it's reasonable to want to make _darcs completely opaque and since I
think it's reasonable to have a consistent command-line interface, I
propose providing a darcs command to set such preferences.  Some
possible command names are "localpref", "repopref", and "setdefault".
My goal is to prevent people from having to edit (or know about) files
like _darcs/prefs/email.  On a related note, it would be good to make
it clear which preferences are repository-specific and which come with
a checkout.

Thoughts?

--
  Jonathan Daugherty

nosy: darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, drcygnus
status: unknown
title: No commands to set repo-specific preferences like "_darcs/prefs/email"