[darcs-devel] [issue1660] patch viewing should either always/never use the pager in changes -i

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Oct 25 22:01:53 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the comment!  I've created a new bug for this issue.  The underlying
problem, if I understand correctly, is that we're using a viewDocWithPager
function which only triggers when we think the patch is over a screenful.  As
Brian points out, this can be very confusing during interactive dialogues where
you seemingly randomly interleave the behaviour.

I personally vote we remove the use of the pager here, and just
- make the 'p' option work for changes -i
- make the default viewing command never use the pager
- verify that commands that display patches also avoid the pager

This should be very easy for anybody to implement, just swap out one of our
patch viewing functions with another.  It's probably the SelectChanges module
you'd want to look at.

nosy: +jaredj
priority:  -> bug
status: unknown -> need-implementation
title: None -> patch viewing should either always/never use the pager in changes -i
topic: +ProbablyEasy, UI