[darcs-devel] [issue814] darcs whatsnew -s does too much work

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Sep 2 14:21:15 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Jason: please disregard my last suggestion to send the patch to the mailing list
(I wasn't paying enough attention).

I tend to think we should just accept the cost of a "no
bandaids/shortcuts/hacks" attitude.  Not perfectionism but trying to get things
right more or less right the first time.  We should fix performance by making
things cleaner and better conceived, not by twiddling knobs or by adding complexity.

Perhaps you could create a new ticket explaining the fundamental problem with
our use of the pending patch problem and your proposed solution?  This ticket
can then point to that.

Thanks!

topic: +ThePendingPatch -Target-2.4